I wasn't expecting much when I decided to go to this restaurant for lunch. One of their menu items was cited by SPOT.ph so a little curiosity was ignited.
Burger & Brewskies ( No. 10, SPOT.ph's Best of Manila : 50 Great Restaurants of 2013 ) is located at Burgos Circle in Bonifacio Global City.
The interiors are quite woodsy and sombre.
Second floor seating area.
I like the lamp made out of bottles.
This is Kick-Ass Spuds - " fried marble potato salad with bacon, chili pepper and scallions ".
This was seasoned perfectly and quite delicious. The serving size was just right in whetting up my appetite for my next order.
I went to Burgers & Brewkies to try the Call The Nurse ( No. 85, SPOT.ph's 100 Best Dishes for 2013 ) - " spiced mustard aioli, B & B cheese sauce, seared mac and cheese, sriracha bacon ".
This was deadly calories piled on more deadly calories. In other words, delicious goodness.
I truly enjoyed this amazingly sinful burger.
For dessert, I had Happy Ending! B & B Chocolate Pudding - " rich, dark chocolate custard topped with crunchy cinnamon oatmeal streusel ".
And once again, I wasn't disappointed. This was definitely an unhealthy meal but who cares, I was loving it.
Burger & Brewkies is, first and foremost, a place for beer enthusiasts. It was my former guest Jaco from South Africa who researched online regarding where to find craft beers in Manila. This place was recommended.
Katipunan Craft Ales, Holgate Australian Craft Brews and 7107 Belgian Dubbel are some of the options. For the bottled variety, there's Kostritzer Dark Ale, Hitachino Red Rice Ale, Oettinger Hefeweizen, 7107 Wagas, Fuller's Esb and Slaapmutske Tripel 8.1 %. These two sentences are tongue twisters.
Jaco takes his beer seriously and tried to explain to me the intricacies of appreciating craft beer. I tried to comprehend but obviously failed. I'm a plebeian so what do I know when it comes to artisanal beer. I'm quite content with a bottle of San Miguel Light.
Eventually, Jaco gave up on me especially when I asked for ice to go with my beer. Blasphemy for a beer connoisseur or a German, if I may say so.
Cost Of Meal : 495.00

0 Comments